Sunday, August 9, 2009

Golden Kite Luncheon Awards: Bonny Becker

Bonny Becker received the Golden Kite Award for Picture Book Text for A Visitor for Bear.

Ultimately, Bonny says, we want to show to our kids that despite its woes, the world is a wonderful place. She also wants to show through her books that she likes people (and this comes across in her character Mouse and Bear).

When she writes from a place she loves, she says, the writing is easy.

Work, discipline, training and luck are important.

She quoted E.B. White: I wake up every morning and torn by the desire to improve the world and the desire to enjoy the world. That makes it hard to plan my day. Bonny says she's decided to plan her days writing what she enjoys and urges the audience to do the same.

POSTED BY ALICE POPE

1 comment:

  1. I love Visitor For Bear. Very deserved Golden Kite Award. If I wrote this story I would be incredibly proud of it. Congratulations Bonny!

    ReplyDelete