Sunday, August 1, 2010

Rachel Vail-Standing room only!



Amazing author Rachel Vail is having a fantastic workshop on Seeing Your Characters: Creating Adolescent Characters from the Inside Out. And when I walked up, I couldn't believe the crowd! All the seats were taken and people even spilled out into the hall. I was so glad I got there early! What an amazing session! Make sure if you get a chance to hear Rachel speak, you take it!

She offered some great techniques on how to "get into character" and how to develop a strong unique voice. She even offered tips that she learned in theater training. (I've totally used them before!)

Here are some of Rachel's books and she'll be signing here on Monday!


1 comment:

  1. She was so funny and animated, too! Now I want to practice "walking" like all my characters - even the dogs. :)

    ReplyDelete