Sunday, August 2, 2015

Lindsey Carmichael Attends #LA15SCBWI As The Martha Weston Grant Winner



The Martha Weston Grant was established by the Hairston Family to remember author/illustrator Martha Weston. The grant helps authors and illustrators who want to switch children's book genres.


Lindsey Carmichael

I caught up with year's winner, Lindsey Carmichael (who writes as L.E. Carmichael), at the conference, and asked her to share a few words. Here's what she said:

"I got the email telling me I'd won on my cell phone as I was walking through the parking lot on the way home from work. I literally stopped in my tracks. I didn't know that was a thing that actually happened until it happened to me!

I am so honored that the committee awarded me the Martha Weston Grant and so grateful to have had the opportunity to attend this incredible, life-changing conference."

Congratulations, Lindsey!

Find out more about Lindsey at her website, and learn how you can apply for the Martha Weston Grant here.

No comments:

Post a Comment