- His first publishing assignment was the jacket art for DAVE AT NIGHT, by Gail Carson Levine (HarperCollins).
- He didn't do his first picture book until he was in his late 30s.
- He claimes Madonna is one of Jon Scieszka's favorite authors (this is not confirmed), and he says working on her book was a great experience.
- Mood and emotions--and choosing the right one (the highs, the low)--is key in art.
- He wants reader to feel his art, not just look at it.
- Loren sang us a resounding version of "All by Myself" to demonstrate how he feels the emotions of his characters.
Friday, July 30, 2010
KEYNOTE: Loren Long
More from Loren:
Labels: Illustration, keynote, LA10, loren long, picture books
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment