Saturday, January 28, 2012

Surprise Guest!

Bigger-than-life Henry Winkler.  The photo is smaller than life.

Henry Winkler appears on the dais!

He's funny, and speaks of having co-written 19 books with Lin Oliver, being an actor and director and producer... even though he was never a good student.

They hatched the idea for Frank Zipster, and he's explaining their collaborative process.

"If you write what you know, not what you think other people will read or are selling or want to hear... if you write what you know, it jumps off the page."

He's very encouraging and inspirational, the crowd is laughing... He gets a huge round of applause and the crowd are on their feet!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to Henry Winkler and Lin Oliver on co-authoring 19 books. I bought the Zipser series, and I'm enjoying them. Thanks for the book signing.

    This was the best scbwi conference I attended. Everyone was so affable, and the environment, as always, was positive. The roundtable intensives enlightened me on my 2 stories. I'm very grateful to all.

    I regret that I wasn't able to attend the cocktail party on Sat. night. It looks like it
    was a success.

    I am an "pre-published" children's picture book author, and the workshops I attended on picture book writing proved to be productive. Thank you.

    I shall be there next year, God willing.

    God bless the scbwi committee and all those who were present.

    Frank Conte

    ReplyDelete