Lin Oliver gives stats on attendees:
- 1,342 people are attending the event--the most ever!
- More than 150 men are attending--also the most ever
- 42% of attendees are published
- There are attendees from 49 states (get on it South Dakota!)
- Attendees are here from 20 countries
Lin reitterates: Don't be afraid to reach out and talk to other conference-goers.
Now for the faculty parade. They are all introducing themselves using a sentence with the word "40" in it. Here a few examples:
- 40 perfect pages.
- 40 is the new 30.
- It took me 40 hours to get here.
- I was on the far side of 40 when I published my first book--it's never too late for success.
- Moses wandered the desert for 40 year looking for the promised land--this is it!
- An editor's work week is not 40 hours.
- In 40 years the Kindle will probably be what the victrola is today.