Friday, August 5, 2011

Commercial Break: CAMPAIGN for LIBBA BRAY to WIN a GRAMMY

INTERIOR HYATT CENTURY CITY CALIFORNIA BALL ROOM - AFTERNOON
(A room full of 1,300 people sitting on slightly comfortable chairs. We zoom in on CONFERENCE ATTENDEE #1 who has just paid $8.50 for a sandwich wrap of unknown origin and only had a few minutes to eat it. Next to him, CONFERENCE ATTENDEE #2 didn't even GET a sandwich and she is noticing the ballroom chandeliers look like crystals from Superman's man cave. She wonderis if you could microwave these super crystals, if the crystals would then turn into complete Thanksgiving dinners or maybe just a milkshake and a turkey burger.)

CONFERENCE ATTENDEE #2:
Libba Bray is speaking next, do you think she's brought snacks for us?

CONFERENCE ATTENDEE #1:
No, and please stop nibbling my arm. Have you read BEAUTY QUEENS yet? I got the hardcover, and I also got the audio book. Did you know Libba reads the audio version and does, like, ten different voices?

CONFERENCE ATTENDEE #2:
Talking about the audio version of Libba Bray's BEAUTY QUEENS is the ONLY THING that can snap me out of this hunger madness. It has to be one of the best audio books I've heard in a long, long time. It's not only well-produced, it's a fantastic, thought-provoking and hilarious story, I want to give a copy to every teen girl I know.

CONFERENCE ATTENDEE #1:
Me, too! It should totally win a Grammy.

CONFERENCE ATTENDEE #2:
You have graham crackers?

CONFERENCE ATTENDEE #1:
No. I'm saying if the award for best spoken-word album could be won by popular vote, we should totally start an online campaign for #BeautyQueensAudiobookShouldWinAGrammy

CONFERENCE ATTENDEE #2:
Shhhhhh! Libba's starting! I think I see a package of Swedish Fish in her pocket!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment