Friday, August 5, 2022

Newest Member of #scbwiSummer22 Blog Team: Jasmine Paul


 Hi there!


I’m Jasmine Paul, the new kid on the block for the 2022 Society of Children’s Book Writer’s and Illustrator’s Summer Conference Blog Team #scbwiSummer22.


I’m pumped to be live blogging with the team: Lee Wind - @leewind, Jolie Stekly - @cuppajolie, Debbie Ridpath Ohi @inkyelbows, Don Tate - @Devas_T and Jamie Temairik - @jaimetem over the next two days.


Here are 9 things that you may not know about me (since we just met).

 

  1. I wrote my debut children’s book, A Boy, a Budget, and a Dream in my car after I got off work. 
  2. I started writing as a kid. My first published work was called Tall, at the age of 7.
  3. A Boy, a Budget, and a Dream were named Parent’s Magazine's Top 10 Best Books to Teach Kids about Money and was selected in the American Library Association’s Diverse Personal Finance Guide of Books - Thinking Money for Kids
  4. I’m inspired when I talk to youth, watch animated movies, read, and on long car rides.
  5. I'm also financial literacy expert. Let's talk about money.
  6. I’m a first-generation American.
  7. I grew up in Asia.
  8. I was Princess Jasmine three times in a row (yes, I fit the costume)
  9. I learned about SCBWI after I emailed the renowned author and illustrator Peter H. Reynolds about how to write a children’s book.


So now that you know a little about me, I want to get to know you. Share 3 things most people don’t know about you on Twitter, be sure to @ me - @jasminelikepaul.


Tweet about your experience at the SCBWI Summer 2022 conference - Don't forget to use #scbwiSummer22


 

Let’s follow each other on Twitter/Instagram:

Twitter: @Jasminelikepaul

Instagram: @Jasminelikepaul

or check out my work: www.CreateFinStew.com

1 comment:

  1. awesome, and welcome to the team, Jasmine! Here's to an amazing conference ahead, Lee

    ReplyDelete