Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Hello from JOLIE. And an invite to join me for ORIENTATION!


It's the SCBWI SUMMER SPECTACULAR:  

Where We’ll All Be First-Time Attendees  

Hello, friends! 
The SCBWI Spectacular is almost here and I can't wait to see you or meet you for the first time. 
I'm Jolie.  I’m a writer, teacher, and coach. I’ve been a member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators for nearly 20 years—which is hard to believe. I’m a former regional advisor, one of the original members of SCBWI Team Blog, and for the past 8 years I’ve had the honor of welcoming the first-time attendees to the SCBWI summer conference in LA. 
Have I met you there? #bird
While I’m sad to miss the time in LA attending the annual summer conference, how amazing is it that thousands of us, and I do mean thousands of us, will be gathering together in the coming days to learn, to be inspired, and to soak up the goodness of the SCBWI Summer Spectacular. 
And what does that mean for the first-time attendee orientation? Well…
EVERYONE’S INVITED!!! 
It’s a Summer Spectacular Orientation and we’re all attending for the first time. 


I hope you’ll join me on Friday at 1:00 PST before everything kicks off. (Check your inboxes for Spectacular information!)
I’ll be sharing ways to make the most of your experience: 
  • how to market in a largely virtual conference and age; 
  • ways consultations are improved using this new format; 
  • tips for making virtual connections that offer real-life benefit; 
  • and much more. 

This will be our version of arriving at the hotel, chatting and connecting before the big event gets rolling. So bring your coffee, ice tea, or a glass of whatever…
Let’s make it spectacular! 
Do you have any questions about the upcoming event. Feel free to reach out to me here, or on social media. 
Still need to register? You can. Click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment